Wooly Weather Brings New Fire Risks

May 23, 2024 9:30 am in by

A recent fire in Whyalla has sparked safety reminders from firefighters for winter…

The warnings include not leaving heaters unattended, and always ensuring anything combustible is well out of the way.

It comes following a shed fire on Noble Street last Thursday night, nobody was hurt in the blaze but the damage bill has been put at around $60,000.

Article continues after this ad

Fire cause investigators were able to determine that it was accidental – a bar heater was left on in the rumpus room and it fell over.