News

'Welcome Back' Campaign to Help States Tourism

Port Lincoln Aerial view

A new tourism campaign has been launched to encourage South Australians to travel the state, following a long period of travel restrictions due to the pandemic.

The $1.5 million “welcome back” campaign signals the start of a major recovery phase for regional communities- some of which have endured harsh impacts from not only the pandemic but from fires, floods and drought.

Premier Steven Marshall says “The ‘Welcome Back’ campaign is all about getting behind our tourism regions and helping these local communities, businesses and families get back on their feet as quickly as possible,” he said.

Launched by the South Australian Tourism Commission, the campaign urges South Australians to explore their own backyards, spend time in our regions and in our city, and help rebuild the state’s domestic tourism sector.

Traffic to the SATC’s southaustralia.com website from intra-state visitors increased by nearly 82 per cent to over 200,000 visits in the two weeks following the announcement of the easing of restrictions on May 8, with direct leads to tourism operators increasing, up almost 30 per cent on the same time last year to 42,000.

 

 

 

Image credit: GB