I have often spoken about my dating life… or, more accurately, lack thereof.
Perhaps I’m simply trying to do things the wrong way.
But what about the ladies in this day and age?
Are things different to the old days?
Well, we can now assess that based on a re-release of a 1958 list of how to find a man.
Some of these make no sense, but some of them have aged disturbingly well.
However, what would happen if the roles were reversed?
What if a man was to do any of these things today?
1. Get a dog and walk it – they have an app for that so that works.
5. Read the obituaries to find eligible widowers – well, one guy picked up that way recently.
7. Take up golf and go to different golf courses. – but then I have to talk to Beebs…
12. Become a nurse or an airline stewardess – I made a pass at a nurse once after I had surgery, didn’t end well…
14. Be nice to everybody - they may have an eligible son or brother – Now THAT is a horror story to be recounted when I was set up with a friend’s sister… needless to say we’re not friends any more.
17. Be friendly to ugly men - handsome is as handsome does – given women don’t talk to me does this make me handsome? Or have I taken ugly to the next level?
23. Go to all school reunions, there may be widowers there – this is so dark!
24. Don't be afraid to associate with more attractive girls, they may have some leftovers – There’s still 105 to go, but I’m done! That's just so wrong.
How would you be if you were considered someone’s leftovers?!
I have to know, and I think others would like to know, if you’re single, what’s your secret to meeting people?